Transfer applications for full-time degree programmes
A student studying in a University of Applied Sciences (UAS) can transfer their study entitlement to another UAS.
How to Apply: Transfer Application
The transfer application is for students transferring their study entitlement from another University of Applied Sciences to Laurea. A student studying in a University of Applied Sciences (UAS) can transfer their study entitlement to another UAS.
It is possible to apply for transfer in case where the degree title remains the same (for example, BBA) or, in case where the degree title changes (for example, from Bachelor of Business Administration to Bachelor of Hospitality management.)
The next application period for transfer is on 2nd to 16th of May 2024 and the degree programmes open for transfer will be published in www.studyinfo.fi in April. Students who have been selected via transfer application will continue their studies at Laurea in August 2024.
Students of Laurea cannot apply for transfer in this application period. Laurea’s students can apply with an application form which will be available in Laurea Student Intranet from 15th to 30th of April, 23:59 PM. The instructions for applying will be updated to Laurea Student Intranet before the beginning of the application period.
The programmes offered in Spring 2024 transfer application period are published here in April.
Eligibility and Required Attachments
You are eligible, if:
You have been registered as present in a Finnish university of applied sciences for at least one academic semester. You are studying at least your second semester.
You can apply while being registered as absent, but you must have been registered as present for at least one semester.
You have completed at least the amount of credits mentioned below:
- Bachelor’s degrees, at least 27 credits per semester
- Master’s degrees, at least 15 credits per semester
The required amount of credits are counted by dividing the amount of total credits with the semesters present. The credits shown in the official transcript of records are taken into consideration. Potential previous credit transfers are not taken into consideration.
Please note, if you are transferring to Laurea UAS from another UAS where you have been liable to pay a tuition fee, you are also liable to pay a tuition fee in Laurea UAS. The tuition fee for Laurea Bachelor's Degree Programmes is 8000 euros per academic year and for Master's Degree Programmes 10 000 euros per academic year. More information about Laurea's tuition fees and grant policy.
Upload the certificates mentioned below on your application form by 16th of May 2024, 3 PM. Applications lacking required attachments or lacking required information will not be processed.
- Official up to date Study Certificate
- Official up to date Transcript of Records
· If necessary, a statement from the University of Applied Sciences regarding any pending credit completions
The required attachments can be submitted online by uploading them directly to the transfer application form in Studyinfo.fi. If uploading the attachments to the form is not possible, they may also be delivered to Laurea Admissions by the end of the transfer application period by 3 PM to the address:
Laurea University of Applied Sciences
Admission Services /Transfer
You can also send them by e-mail: email@example.com
A student studying in another University of Applied Sciences can transfer their study entitlement to Laurea University of Applied Sciences. Applicants selected for transfer must have completed at least 27 credits per completed term whilst registered as present at the previous university of applied sciences. For Masters programmes, transfer applicants must have completed at least 15 credits per academic term. Completed credits must be relevant to the degree programme that the applicant is applying for.
The applicants fulfilling the criteria of transfer application will be invited to an interview based on the attachments received during the application period.
The amount of study places is not defined beforehand in transfer application period.
The selection is made case by case. We cannot grant every transfer applicant a study place.
The following matters affect the student selection:
- You have progressed in your studies in a goal-oriented manner and with good grades.
- You have enough study time left to complete your degree in the recommended duration.
- The time you have already used to complete the degree you have started is deducted from the recommended duration for completing a degree. The semesters present and absent you have used will also be transferred with the study right.
- In the Bachelor’s degree, the recommended duration for studies with a scope of 210 credits is 3.5 years
- In the Master’s degrees, the recommended duration is 90 ECTS in 1.5 years
- If you apply for a transfer to another degree, the study right time is always determined according to the new degree, however, in such a way that the time previously studied is included.
- The studies you are transferring are suitable for the Laurea’s degree you are applying for, so that completion of the degree within the recommended duration is possible in accordance with Laurea's curriculum and study offer.
- There is room in the study group that is suitable for the stage of your studies.
- The reasoning you stated in the application.
- Sufficient language skills for university studies.
- Transfer from Finnish-language education to English-language education is generally not possible due to the language requirements of the degree. For a very compelling reason, the head of student affairs responsible for education may, in exceptional cases, consider the possibility of a transfer.
Based on the selection criteria mentioned above, some applicants will be invited to a selection interview. Interview invitations are sent by email and interviews are organized via Teams video connection.
The Head of Student Affairs makes the student selection. The results are published by 7th of July 2024 at Studyinfo.fi -service. Laurea admission services will inform all the applicants about student selection.
The study place must be accepted by 31st of July 2024 at 3 PM in Studyinfo.fi.
Student selection is done conditionally, if you do not have the required amount of study credits when you apply. Send your final, official transcript of records to Laurea admissions office firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st of July 2024. If your credits in the transcript of records have been delayed for reasons beyond your control, you need to send a free form certificate from your UAS about the studies that will be in the register afterwards, with the amount of credits and the official completion date. The free form certificate needs to be sent by 31st of July.
The University of Applied Sciences can cancel the study selection, if you do not send us required certificates by the deadline or do not have the required amount of credits, or if you have given incorrect information on the form.
The so-called SORA legislation applies to education leading to a UAS degree in the fields of social services and health care, humanities and education, sports and exercise and seafaring. These fields have requirements concerning the safety of minors, patient and client safety or traffic safety which restrict student admission. In these fields, it is required that health and functional capacity of approved applicants are such that they are able to take part in the practical assignments or training relating to studies.
When the transfer applicant accepts the study place, the previous study right ends in 31st of July.
Finnish Language Skills Requirement for Laurea Nursing and Laurea Social Services
Transfer applicants for Laurea Nursing and Laurea Social Services are required to have Finnish language skills (level B1 or better). Descriptions of the levels: Common European Framework of reference for languages.
If the decision on student admission has not been made according to the Laurea selection criteria, applicants have the possibility to make a written appeal to the Board of Directors within 14 days of receiving the decision.
Before starting the appeal process the applicant should first contact the Laurea Admission Services for more detailed information on the grounds of the decision: tel. +358 9 8868 7293 or e-mail email@example.com.
If, after contacting the Laurea Admissions Services and hearing the grounds for the decision, the applicant still thinks that the decision has not been made according to the Laurea selection criteria, they may submit a written appeal against the decision. The appeal must be well-grounded and it should contain accurate information on where Laurea has not followed the Laurea selection criteria.
In your appeal please give your name, address and contact information and explain in what way the decision has not been made according to the Laurea selection criteria. The appeal must be submitted in writing within 14 days of receiving the decision to the address:
Laurea University of Applied Sciences
Board of Directors
Appeals containing personal information should be sent via secure mail which can be accessed at https://securemail.laurea.fi
Spring 2024 Application period timetable
- Application period is in 2nd to 16th of May 2024, 3 PM
- The attachments need to be uploaded on the application form by 16th of May 3 PM
- Invitations to interview are sent by e-mail
- The interviews are arranged in Teams during weeks 20 and 21
- The student selection is published in 7th of July 2024 in Studyinfo.fi
- The study place must be accepted by 31st of July 2024 3 PM at Studyinfo.fi
- The previous study right ends in 31st of July when accepting the study place in transfer application
- The certificates asked after the study selection must be sent by 31st of July
Frequently asked questions about applying to Laurea
Laurea Admission Services are here to help with any questions regarding application. A compilation of the most frequently asked questions and their answers are found here.
We have seven different Bachelor's Programmes and three Master's programmes. Find out which one of them suits you best and apply!