Fundamentals of Subscription Economy and SaaS
In this course you will learn about Subscription Economy, its implications and digital marketing.
This online MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) is built on an online platform so that you can complete it according to your own schedule. The course includes assignments that you must do to complete the course.
- Application period: 1.-14.1.2024
- Date: 22.1.-25.3.2024
- Scope: 2 op ECTS
- Location: Online
- Price: 0 €
The subscription economy changes how we sell and buy services. Subscription economy is transforming businesses from one time purchases towards monthly payments and continuous value creation. Were not buying any more albums. Instead we pay a monthly subscription to services like Spotify or Apple Music. The same goes with movies (Netflix, Viaplay, AppleTV+, HBO, etc.).
You’re in the right place if you’re interested in understanding more about the subscription economy and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) delivery model.
Course consist of four modules:
- Introduction to Subscription Economy & SaaS
- Fundamentals of SaaS Companies
- Marketing & Sales
In addition you'll go through how to complete the course during the orientation module and you'll have the possibility to give feedback after the course.
After completing the course you are able to
- explain what is Subscription economy and Software as a Service delivery model
- explain the implications of subscription economy in everyday life
- identify the role of metrics in a value creation process
- identify new business opportunities enabled by subscription economy
- apply an understanding of digital marketing to build growth
This course is online MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) course so you can complete it according to your own schedule.
- Virtual self-pace studies
- Bi-weekly individual assignments and online discussions
A weekly detailed schedule will be released in the beginning of the course. Optional online tutoring via Teams or at Laurea Leppävaara during the course.
Course contents done together with partner companies.
All the material and links can be found from Canvas workspace.
The course is graded with Approved / Failed
Student needs to complete all the course modules to pass the course:
- Module learning material
- Module discussions
- Module quizzes
- Additional tasks & material
You might also be interested in
AMKosaaja Basics of Digital Service
Learn to define digital service and key service concepts and describe the key factors of digitalization of organizations!
AMKosaaja Introduction to Data Economy
Learn the basics of using data in decision making and developing businesses!