Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
The goal of this course is for the student to be familiar with process of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and learn to affect the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine's results to increase the number of visitors coming from search engines.
SEO is one of the most practical concepts of web development.
- Kohderyhmä: Everyone interested in search engine optimization but not attending any university
- Laajuus: 5 ECTS
- Sijainti: Online course in English
- Hinta: Free of charge
After passing this course, the student will be able to analyze the SEO status of a web application and provide solutions to empower such web application in SEO concepts.
This course is 100% virtual thanks to the comprehensive tutorial videos made for this course.
The student will pass this course after submitting required assignments and the project.
History of Internet - Internet Archive - Internet before Google - Introduction to Search Engines - How do Search Engines work? - Internet Marketing - Search Engine Marketing - What is Search Engine Optimization? - Importance of SEO skill - Why does my website need SEO? - White hat and black hat techniques - The Impact of Usability and User Experience on SEO - Things that matters - Page titles - Meta tags - URLs structure - Site navigation – Headings – Content – Hyperlinks – Images - Meaningful error pages - Web/Mobile - robots.txt file - Disallowing Search Engines - Rel="canonical" - Myths & Misconceptions - Using social media - Search Engine Tools - Alexa Rank - Google Trends - PageSpeed Insights - Introduction to Google Analytics (EXTRA) - Working with Google Analytics (EXTRA)
- The student is familiar with search engines and how they work
- The student understands why we need SEO
- The student is familiar with the concept of Internet Marketing and Search Engine Marketing
- The student can explain the major matters that are important for improving SEO
- The student is familiar with the myths and misconceptions in SEO
- The student can apply matters that are important for improving SEO
- The student can analyze a SEO status of a website/web page
- The student can use Google Analytics and its features
- The student can use search engine tools to improve SEO on his/her website
- Assignments 35%
- Quiz 15%
- Project 35%
- Essay 15%