Improve your Finnish skills in this course!
Prerequisites: minimum 20 ECTS in Finnish language or otherwise acquired advanced skills. Starting level: B1.
- Application period: 09.06.2021-22.08.2021
- Date: 03.09.2021-26.11.2021
- Scope: 5 ECTS
- Location: Laurea Leppävaara
- Price: 75 €
This course has weekly contact lessons at the Leppävaara campus.
Due to the corona situation, at least some of the lessons may be virtually in Zoom. Exceptions to the schedule will be announced in the beginning of the course.
The student is able to
- understand extended speech provided the topic is reasonably familiar
- interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity
- take an active part in discussion in familiar contents
- read articles and reports about contemporary problems
- present a clear, detailed description on a wide range of subjects related to a field of expertise
- write a clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects related to a field of expertise
Contact lessons at the Leppävaara campus and Canvas learning platform.
5 ECTS = approx. 135 hours of work
- Weekly lessons in classroom: 40-45 hours
- Homework and home studies
The students have to be present at the 1st lesson or inform the teacher in advance on their absence. Otherwise they may loose their place at the course.
Required attendance is 70 % of the lessons. Students are allowed to absent max. 2 times during the term.
Material in Canvas learning platform.
The course will be evaluated on a scale of 1 to 5 / fail.