Developing Intercultural Competences
Develop your understanding and knowledge of cross-cultural phenomena!
- Application period: 09.06.2021-16.08.2021
- Date: 30.08.2021-17.12.2021
- Scope: 5 ECTS
- Location: Laurea Verkkokampus
- Price: 75 €
This course is a fully online study in an asynchronous mode and no attendance is required on specific times. The learning platform is Canvas.
The course includes a small R&D based project. Counselling and communication in Canvas.
The student is able to
- understand and interpret meanings of different cultural behaviours and phenomena
- apply cross-cultural knowledge to improve intercultural encounters
- work effectively in multicultural teams and work environments
- resolve intercultural conflicts in a professional manner
The learning modules are as follows:
- Basic concepts for culture-related studies
- Approaches to culture
- Critical incidents and conflict management
- Intercultural competence
The course is a fully online study in an asynchronous mode (no attendance required on specific times.
5 ECTS equals 135 hours of study time in average.
There will be weekly assignments during weeks 36 - 50. Allocate weekly around 7-10 hours in your calendar for the online assignments to be done individually or as team work.
Articles and other reading material will be provided in Canvas.
The course is evaluated in a scale 1 - 5 /fail.
- All assignments need to be completed in order to pass the course.
- Half of the assignments are graded with pass/fail, half of them are graded with the scale 0 - 5.