Leadership and Management
Are you interested in Leadership and Management? Enroll in our study unit now!
- Kohderyhmä: Anyone interested in Leadership and Management?
- Hakuaika: 9.12.2020 - 22.12.2020
- Ajoitus: 8.01.2021 - 31.07.2021
- Laajuus: 5 ECTS
- Sijainti: Laurea Leppävaara
- Hinta: 75 €
Study unit's learning outcomes
The student is able to:
- analyse and develop his/her activity as a member of the work community and a manager
- apply labour legislation and collective agreements
- analyse the work community and promote wellbeing at work
Topics to be covered on the study unit:
- Understand the fundamental aspects of managing and leading organizations
- Understand leadership as an influence process in organizations
- Distinguish between leadership and management
- Distinguish the trait, behavioral, and contingency theories of leadership
- Introduction to management and leadership
- Definition of Leadership and management
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Attributes of a Leader/ manager
- Differences between management skills and leadership skills
- Being a Leader, being a manager
- Discuss some alternative views of leadership
- Analyze the effects of self-managing teams on leadership
Assignments require reflection on students' current or past work experience. Assignments and study unit content aim to develop students' understanding of requirements of current working life.
Teachers will provide relevant materials. All required reading will be either distributed via Canvas, available freely on the internet, or available in Finna as ebooks. In addition, legislation is available in the Finlex-service; the exam will test knowledge and application of specifically indicated sections of e.g. labour legislation. Materials created by teachers (copyright holders) and only to be used for the purposes of this study unit.
08.01.2021 09.00 - 11.30 Start, introduction, assignments.
06.03.2021 12.30 - 15.00
07.05.2021 09.00 - 11.30
The Students must be present in the first contact session (which is 8.1.2021) or notify their teacher in charge if they cannot attend. If they fail to notify the teacher of their absence in the first contact session, their enrolment will be rejected. After the first contact day no new students are accepted on the course.