Information and Cyber Security
Learn to define and apply fundamental information and cyber security compliance requirements and best practices!
- Target audience: Anyone with previous studies in safety, security and risk management
- Application period: 25.5.-2.8.2020
- Date: 17.08.2020 - 31.12.2020
- Scope: 5 ECTs
- Location: Leppävaara campus
- Price: 75 €
Implementation in English & partly in Finnish.
Study unit includes 5 modules:
1. Orientation, Cybersecurity Framework used in studies
2. Protecting information
3. Protecting against Human Threats
4. Protecting IT-systems and networks
5. Hot topics & summary
Study unit includes contact and virtual studies & assignment, guest lectures and workshops and virtual learning .
Forum in learning environment is used in communication
Tutoring is available in learning environment.
All materials are in English.
Study unit goals
The student is able to:
- define information and cyber security principles
- define fundamental information and cyber security compliance requirements, best practices and apply those
- assess and manage information and cyber security risks
- create information and cyber security procedures and guidelines
Before enrolling to this study unit, you should have adequate competence level of safety, security and risk management, which you can acquire for example by completing study unit Business Continuity 5 credits or Basics of Corporate Safety, Security and Risk Management 10 credits
Materials and literature
- Shoemaker D. and Conklin, A. Cybersecurity: The Essential Body of Knowledge (framework of the study unit)
- Newhouse W., Keith S., Scribner B., & Witte G. National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
- Other complementary materials in Optima
Evaluation is based on points from assignments and exams (max 100 points)
Contact lessons at Leppävaara campus.
04.09.2020 12.30 - 15.00
03.10.2020 12.30 - 15.00
24.10.2020 09.00 - 11.30
06.11.2020 15.15 - 17.45
04.12.2020 12.30 - 15.00
Schedule is subject to change.