The European Music Portfolio – Music, languages and holistic wellbeing through interaction in multicultural learning communities
A Continuing professional development (CPD) course for teachers
3rd-7th of October, 2016
Laurea University of Applied Sciences, Hyvinkää, Finland
We are pleased to invite you to "The European Music Portfolio – Music, languages and holistic well-being through interaction in multicultural learning communities"- CPD/follow-up course from 3rd to 7th of October, 2016. The boost CPD is offered by the European Music Portfolio – Music & Languages, and being targeted for all teachers and trainers, with experience to support the comprehension of well-being and to link music education and language education as interaction, in a dialogue with the child's learning. We learn a lot e.g. from the observations of the child's mother tongue acquisition processes. The course venue is Laurea University of Applied Sciences in Hyvinkää, Finland, but the CPD is performed in association with the University of Eastern Finland and the FHNW Switzerland.
- The course is suitable for the language-, music-, generalist classroom - and kindergarten teachers;
- The teachers may be working at the pre-primary, primary and secondary levels, or as teacher trainers in the universities. Also the arts basics teachers are qualified to apply for the funding;
- Development in a dialogue between the EMP prior experiences and the EMP new beginners, students, teachers and working life experiences is being encouraged, with possible teacher tandems created (e.g. to benefit the possibilities of eTwinning & JobShadowing);
- The venue is situated in Southern Finland in the city of Hyvinkää, which is one of the 7 locations of Laurea UAS;
- For more information about the course, please visit School Education Gateway: http://www.schooleducationgateway.eu/en/pub/tools/catalogue/detail.cfm?id=14595
Please find more information on the European Music Portfolio projects in http://emportfolio.eu
You will receive the program details and the week schedule as a response for the pre-registration. The CPD includes lectures, group work and visits to Finnish schools and day-cares, and beautiful experiences about the Finnish culture. As a whole, you are being supported to reach the set goals in the form of the schedule details. The course includes 30 hours of teaching. You will be provided with a certificate afterwards.
Participation fee is 490€ + VAT. The Fee includes the course participation, materials, lunches. You will be given a possibility to sign in for special program with excursions etc., based on separate costs and your own interests. Please remember to fill out the billing information in registration form while the registration confirmation.
To be able to have the full benefit of the CPD, some tasks to perform with your class are given. You will receive further details as a response for the pre-registration.
Laurea University of Applied Sciences is about 5-10 min walk from Cumulus hotel (https://www.cumulus.fi/en/hotels/cumulus-hyvinkaa) which is located in the centre of Hyvinkää. The participants should do their hotel booking themselves. If you mention Laurea when booking, a discount will be available to hotel Cumulus. The breakfasts and sauna are included in the hotel prices. Prices for accommodation: single room 85 eur/night and double room 99 eur/night.
Please fill the Pre-Registration form by May, the 31st , 2016
A separate symposium to end the course week will be offered with the focus on the same theme, on Sat 8.10.2016 for the interested ones with a separate sign in process. All the course applicants will be informed about this possibility as a part of the response on the course interests expressed.
If there are any questions at all, please don't hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Please feel warmly welcome as our guest in Hyvinkää, Finland!
Dr. Kaarina Marjanen
Course Leader, Senior Lecturer