55. Tarkkanen & Aro (2015) The Cross-Border Photonics Iniative- demonstration research report (PDF)
This report discusses Laurea UAS’ main contribution to Cross-Border Photonics Initiative project. This report describes how, by combining drones with photonics, new technology can be applied in border surveillance. The report describes the planning
of the demonstration flights, including choosing the area and equipment, explaining the permit process and creating scenarios.
47. Ronkainen & Silvennoinen (2015) Smart hospital living labs, abstracts (PDF ) This publication includes abstracts of the report "Smart Hospital Living Lab". The Finnish report describes and assesses how the Living Lab solutions created in the Smart Hospital Living Lab project can be used in a primary health care environment. The publication analyses the theoretical and practical basis of the project and describes four development projects, each with different partnership networks, target areas and objectives. Distinctive features of Living Lab activities in sub-projects and their development context are also highlighted. The publication discusses the experiences gathered from Living Lab, analysing its nature, practices, successes and challenges. The parties interested in Living Lab can thus use them in health care, business operations and training activities.
38. Kämppi, Rajamäki, Tiainen & Leppänen (2014)
MACICO. Multi-Agency Cooperation in Cross-border Operations. Samples of Evidence Series: Volume 4 (PDF)
Cooperation between Public Protection and Disaster Relief actors across a border is a difficult task today, because the teams on both sides of the border cannot communicate with each other. One of the reasons is that their communication systems cannot be linked easily. Other challenges are related with heterogeneous operational procedures, heterogeneous services and the lack of trust between cooperating parties. The MACICO project presents a concept for interworking of security organizations in their daily activity that guarantees communications reliability, integrity and security.
36. Raij (ed.) (2014)
Learning by Developing Action Model (available in print)
Learning by Developing action model book aims to describe the LbD model as a pedagogical development process at Laurea University of Applied Sciences. It is made up of different, independent peer reviewed articles, which look at LbD from different perspectives. The articles, for example, introduce the philosophical bases of the LbD action model and give examples of how to apply LbD in carrying out different research and development projects. The publication is available only in print. You can order the publication by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
35. Henriksson, Korkiakangas & Mantere (2014)
Adaptation of Learning by Developing for Comprehensive Schools - LbD4All Guide(PDF)
The publication is for those interested in the development of teaching in comprehensive schools. The publication provides a versatile introduction to Laurea's pedagogical action model Learning by Developing (LbD) and its adaptation for comprehensive schools (LbD4All). The aim is to introduce the action model LbD4All and provide stimuli in order to apply this model in comprehensive schools.
27. Pusa (ed.) (2014)
Encounter Art. Handbook for a Group Guide (PDF)
This handbook is a collection of the subjects handled in Encounter Art group guide training. In addition to Encounter Art group guides, the handbook is well suited to social-welfare, health-care and educational supervisors when they assess the applicability of Encounter Art to the operations of their own units.
24. Tikanmäki, Rajamäki & Pirinen (eds.) (2014)
Mobile Object Emergency Vehicles. Samples of Evidence Series: Volyme 3 (PDF)
This report depicts the research project MOBI (Mobile Object Bus Interaction). The project aimed to create a common international ICT infrastructure for all Puclic Protection and Disaster Relief vehicles, based on better integration of ICT systems, applications, and services.
16. Havukainen & Ikonen (eds.) (2013)
Transatlantic Dual Degree Programme in Nursing (PDF)
The aim of this publication is to describe the experiences and outcomes of the Transatlantic Curriculum in Nursing Programme which was the first Transatlantic Dual Degree Programme in Nursing in the world.
15. Vesterinen & Niiniö (eds.) (2013)
Developing Project as Driving Change in Elderly Care (PDF)
This publication describes the results gained during the course of the project "The Driving Change in Welfare Services for the Aged".
10. Leminen, Huhtala & Sihvonen (eds.) (2012)
Digital service concepts and business models - Current state and future prospects(PDF)
This research was a part of Next Media's research program during 2011. This research report focuses on predicting the future of eReading and eLearning.
9. Leminen, Könkkölä & Huhtala (eds.) (2012)
Multichannel Multi Market Media Service Business Model Evaluation and Benchmark (PDF)
This research was conducted as a part of Next Media's Multichannel Multimarket Media Service research