MARISA - Maritime Integrated Surveillance Awareness
MARISA project's main goal is to provide marine security communities with a data merger toolkit in order to improve the maritime surveillance knowledge and capabilities.
- Implementation date5/1/2017 - 10/31/2019
- FunderH2020 Societal Challenges
- Research areaCoherent security
- Project typeInternational RDI
Building on the overall vision, MARISA focuses on four major objectives:
- Create improved situational awareness with a focus on delivering a complete and useful comprehension of the situation at sea;
- Support the practitioners along the complete lifecycle of situations at sea, from the observation of elements in the environment up to detection of anomalies and aids to planning;
- Ease a fruitful collaboration among adjacent and cross-border agencies operating in the maritime surveillance sphere (Navies, Coast Guards, Customs, Border Polices) in order to pull resources towards the same goal, leading to cost efficient usage of existing resources;
- Foster a dynamic eco-system of users and providers, allowing new data fusion services, based on a “distilled” knowledge, to be delivered to different actors at sea by the integration of a wide range of data and sensors.
MARISA Maritime Integrated Surveillance Awareness IS A PROJECT FUNDED BY THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION. This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020, research and innovation programme, under grant agreement N. 740698