Tuition fees for students starting their degree studies 1.8.2017 and onwards.
Decision made concerning the amount of tuition fees for non-EU/EEA area students who have been selected through the Finnish joint application for admission to degree programmes taught in English starting from 1.8.2017 onwards.
The legislation concerning tuition fees came into effect 1.1.2016. According to the legislation, Universities of Applied Sciences are obliged to charge tuition fees for those students who are not citizens of countries of the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA) and starting their degree studies 1.8.2017 and onwards. The legislation concerns degree programmes taught in English. The goal is to both advance the Higher Education Institutions’ opportunities for education export and also expand their funding base. The introduction of tuition fees puts greater emphasis on educational quality as a competitive factor.
The Board of Directors of Laurea University of Applied Sciences decided in their meeting held 10.6.2016:
- From 1.8.2017 onwards the tuition fees for non-EU/EEA area students selected for admission for degree programmes through the joint national application will be EUR 8000 per academic year for Bachelor degree programmes and EUR 10 000 per academic year for Masters degree programmes.
- Studies will remain free of tuition fees for non-EU/ EEA students who have started studies before 1.8.2017.
The fees will not concern those non-EU/EEA students who
- have started their studies before 1.8.2017
- study in degree programmes taught in Finnish or Swedish
- Passport or a valid national identity card to indicate the citizenship of EU/EEA/Switzerland
have an EU Blue Card residence permit in Finland
have an EU residence permit for third-country citizens with long-term residence in Finland (type P-EU)
have a permanent residence permit in Finland, P-type permit
have a continuous residence permit in Finland, A-type permit
Laurea Admission Services