The Laurea community is comprised of approximately 7,800 students, 500 staff members and 24,000 Laurea alumni.
- Six campuses: Hyvinkää, Leppävaara, Lohja, Otaniemi, Porvoo and Tikkurila
- Fields of study: Business Management, Social Services and Health Care and Hospitality Management
- 16 degree programmes, of which six are taught in English
- The most appealing university of applied sciences in the joint application process of spring 2018 in Finland: 5.83 primary applicants per starting place
- 7,800 students in total
- 500 students in programmes taught in English
- 1,500 graduates per year from Bachelor’s programmes
- 180 graduates per year from Master’s programmes
- Over 24,000 Laurea graduates (spring 2018)
- Employment rate for graduates one year after graduation 93.7 per cent (2015)
- 500 employees
- Annual turnover: EUR 52 million
- External RDI funding (2017) EUR 3.81 million
The University President Mr. Jouni Koski acts as chairman of the management team, and the members are the unit directors, the rectorate, representatives of personnel organisations, and a representative of the university student organisation Laureamko. The goal of the management team is to assist the President in leading and developing Laurea.
Jouni Koski, President and CEO
Kimmo Hannonen, Vice-President, Support services
Katri Ojasalo, Vice-President, Education
Kyösti Väkeväinen, Vice President, Research, Development and Innovations
Tuija Hirvikoski, Director
Ulla Kaukola, Lecturer, representative Laurean Opettajat Ry (teaching staff)
Kati Komulainen, Director
Margit Lumia, Director
Petteri Mussalo, Financial Director
Seija Paasovaara, Director
Kimmo Pettinen, Director, IT
Tiina Päivärinne, Director, Human Resources
Tiina Ranta, Director, Security affairs
Sirpa Louhemäki, Information Service Manager, representative of Laurean JHL ry (non-teaching staff)
Lauri Väisänen, Student Union Representative
Teemu Ylikoski, Director, external relations and marketing
Laurea University of Applied Sciences (Laurea UAS, formerly Vantaa University of Applied Sciences and Espoo-Vantaa University of Applied Sciences) began operating in Vantaa in 1992 as one of the first universities of applied sciences to be granted an experimental licence in Finland.
In 1997 – 1998, this experimental licence was expanded to comprise nearly 20 educational institutions in the region of Uusimaa. At that time, the name of the institution was changed to Espoo-Vantaa University of Applied Sciences, reflecting the cities that were its main owners.
The Government of Finland put the institution’s operation on a permanent footing in 2000, and the name Laurea University of Applied Sciences was adopted in 2001.
Who we are
People and interaction are at the core of Laurea's operations. Our activities are based on a sense of community, social responsibility and creativity.
Teacher and Staff Exchange
International mobility consists of about 550 exchanges between Laurea and its partners worldwide. An International Week will be organised 25th - 29th March 2019 to all partner institutions.