Familiarize yourself with international security!
- Target audience:
- Application period: 4.12. - 31.12.2019
- Date: The first online lecture to held 4. - 8.5.2020 (unconfirmed)
- Scope: 5 cr
- Location: Online
- Price: 75 €
Learning outcomes of the course
The student is able to:
- define international preparedness and crisis management operators and their roles
- define fundamental international preparedness and crisis management compliance requirements and best practices
- define global threats and analyze their impact to society
The study unit requires that students create groups of 4-5 in order to accomplish the required assignments. The students are in charge for this team-building.
Following assignment tools for assessment are used:
- prereadings and notes
- Optima discussions in teams
- literature analysis
- online exam
- media follow up or case report (TBC)
Before enrolling to this study unit, you should have adequate competence level of security management, which you can acquire for example by completing study unit: A9484 Basics of Corporate Security and Risk Management 10 credits.
This study unit is a virtual implementation. Start is early may- week 19 (to be confirmed). By being present at the first webinar session the student is ensuring his/hers seat on the course. After the first contact day no new students are accepted on the course. A more detailed implementation plan with learning events/ on-line sessions will be published on the first Contact Day during the class and will be published also in Optima-workspace.
All lectures and session will be organised on-line using Zoom- application. Zoom- application is available for free on-line. Students are requested to download Zoom in advance in order to participate on designated sessions. The lectures will publish a Zoom-link in Optima to be used for the sessions.
The course is evaluated with 0 - 5.
There are 10 seats for open UAS students.