Information and Cyber Security
Familiarize yourself with information and cyber security!
- Target audience:
- Application period: 4.12. - 31.12.2019
- Date: 22.1. - 29.05.2020
- Scope: 5 cr
- Location: Leppävaara
- Price: 75 €
Study unit includes 5 modules:
- Orientation, Cybersecurity Framework used in studies
- Protecting information
- Protecting against Human Threats
- Protecting IT-systems and networks
- Hot topics & summary
Study unit includes contact and virtual studies & assignment, guest lectures and workshops and virtual learning.
Study unit's learning outcomes
- knows key principles of information and cyber security
- knows basics for information and cyber security demands, best practices and can apply those
- can access and manage information and cyber security risks
- can create guidelines and policies for information and cyber security
- Shoemaker D. and Conklin, A. Cybersecurity: The Essential Body of Knowledge (framework of the study unit)
- Newhouse W., Keith S., Scribner B., & Witte G. National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
- Other complementary materials in Optima
Student must have enough knowledge about fundamentals of security and risk management. For example courses Business Continuity or Business security and risk management fundamentals offer a good basis.
Evaluation is based on points from assignments and exams (max 100 points).
Grading is between 0 - 5.
Classes are held at Leppävaara campus:
Wed 22.1.2020 12:45–15:15 (room 241)
Thu 23.1.2020 12:45–15:15 (room 238)
Mon 10.2.2020 12:45–15:15 (room 245)
Tue 11.2.2020 09:15–11:45 (room 241)
Wed 4.3.2020 12:45–15:15 (room 241)
Thu 5.3.2020 12:45–15:15 (room 238)
Thu 26.3.2020 12:45–15:15 (room 241 and auditorium Tuomo)
Tue 7.4.2020 09:15–11:45 (room 241)
Thu 9.4.2020 12:45–15:15 (room 238)
Tue 5.5.2020 09:15–11:45 (room 241)
Thu 7.5.2020 12:45–15:15 (room 238)
Changes to the schedule are possible.
Optima forum is used in communication. Tutoring is available in Optima.
All materials are in English.
There are 5 seats for open UAS students.