International Purchasing Expertise
Customs, imports, tenders and agreements. This study focuses on the purchasing process.
The application deadline for the study may be longer than indicated if there are seats available.
- Target audience: For those interested in the purchase process
- Application period: 5.-12.8.2019
- Date: 19.08.-31.12.2019
- Scope: 5 cr
- Location: Distance learning
- Price: 75€
The student is able
- to describe the specificities of international trade (customs, imports)
- to select and assess suppliers
- to work in cooperation with the supplier network
- to negotiate on procurements (tenders, agreements)
- to act in accordance with the purchasing process also in public procurements
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
In this virtual course, you will learn to describe the specificities of international trade (customs, imports). During the assignments, you will get to select and assess suppliers and work in cooperation with the supplier network. You’ll learn to negotiate on procurements (tenders, agreements) and act in accordance with the purchasing process also in public procurements. The course will be done in different assignments and you will get acquainted with the whole process of purchasing goods internationally.
Further information for students
- Language: English
- Teacher: Janika Kyttä
The course will be done in groups.
- To pass this course, each group will need to complete each task.
- Each group will also need to present their case/progress to others and each student is expected to comment on the forum on each other's work.
- At the end of the course, each group will present their final case and report to the forum, for all to see and comment. Each group will at the end of the course, do a group evaluation. This evaluation will help to see the group dynamics, roles and time each has used for the project.