Basics of Corporate Security and Risk Management
Study security and risk management in Laurea's open UAS
- Target audience: For people interested in security and risk management
- Application period: 5.8. - 25.8.2019
- Date: 19.8. - 31.12.2019
- Scope: 10 ects
- Location: Laurea Leppävaara
- Price: 150€
Learning goals for the study unit
The student is able to:
- recognise the central competence requirements of an expert in security management
- understand the different areas in the security of companies and organisations and the relationships between those areas
- demonstrate a command of the main basic concepts and areas in corporate security
- understand the ethical foundations of security management and the principles of the key legislation relating to it
- understand the principles of risk management and the methods of risk assessment, and is able to choose the methods suitable for different uses and purposes and use them in assessing risks
Study unit begins 29.8. at 9:15. Presence (or notification of absence of that day) required for accepting place in study unit.
Exam date is 20.11. Retake exams are 2.12. and 9.12.
Groups will have guidance sessions beginning of November (reservations for each group separately)
Groups will present their learning assignments on 11.12.
Other dates are in Pakki and details of study unit will be explained on first contact session as well as Optima.