In this course you will learn key concepts and techniques for the adoption of DevOps methods.
This online MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) is built on an online platform so that you can complete it according to your own schedule. The course includes assignments that you must do to complete the course.
- Application period: 13.10.2021-30.11.2021
- Date: 01.11.2021-31.12.2021
- Scope: 2 ECTS ECTS
- Location: Online course
- Price: 30 €
The objective of this course is to learn key concepts and techniques for the adoption of DevOps methods, processes, and practices. Further, the course also offers a deep understanding of how to apply the DevOps terminologies with vocabularies associates with DevOps tools.
You will learn how DevOps strategies and practices help organizations and enterprises to measure the current state, adopt DevOps culture, and how to achieve better software release frequency while improving overall quality.
Course consist of three modules:
- Module 1: DevOps The context
- Module 2: DevOps Principles and Practice
- Module 3: Devops Tools and Process
In addition you'll go through how to complete the course during the orientation module and you'll have the possibility to give feedback after the course.
After completing the course you are able to
- understand the concepts, principles, and dimensions of DevOps and can explain them
- describe the lean software development process and recognize the use agile implementation practices
- Describe DevOps strategies and practices that can be applied to streamline automation in all phases of software development life cycle and list the major steps of DevOps pipeline
- list the various elements of a DevOps culture
- analyze current trends in the most common and popular DevOps tools
- outline how to achieve DevOps transformation to leverage continuous integration and continuous delivery
This course is online MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) course so you can complete it according to your own schedule.
The course is broken down into manageable scheduled modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities and assignments.
The competencies can be achieved by participating in online study modules with a wide range of interactive content including video lectures, reading material, infographics, PDF, slides. Further, the course also offers learning tasks for the skills assessments.
Further details about assignments' due dates are available at the Canvas -learning platform.
All the material and links can be found from Canvas workspace.
The learning material will be shared during the course
- DevOps for Dummies by Emily Freeman
- DevOps - a Business Perspective by Oleg Skrynnik
- Learning Continuous Integration with Jenkins by Nikhil Pathania
The course is evaluated on a scale pass - fail.
To pass, student needs to complete the module's study materials and assignments. In the final evaluation, you need to receive a score of 50 % or higher to pass this study module.
This course is coordinated by Laurea's MOOC team. Should you have questions about the course, please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow for a few working days for a response. Our response time may be longer during holidays.