Come along to course and learn more about childwelfare!
This course includes teaching in Tikkurila campus.
- Application period: 30.11.2022-14.3.2023
- Date: 28.3.-3.6.2023
- Scope: 5 ECTS
- Location: Tikkurila campus
- Price: 75 €
Teaching is in Tikkurila campus.
Below is teaching timetable.
In this course you will learn to
- implement the principles and duties laid down in Child Welfare act and Social Welfare Act
- recognise and assess the need for child welfare services
- familiarize with the UN Declaration of the Rights of the Child, and how to assess and implement the best interest of the child
- A Canvas learning environment is used to support the implementation, but it is important to take part in teaching, study visits and guidance on campus according to schedule.
- The course includes working in pairs or groups.
- You will receive individual feedback for assignments from the teacher and working life or peer feedback may also be utilised.
This is a five credit course that means 135 hours of student work.
Students must be present in the first contact session or notify their teacher in charge if they cannot attend. If they fail to notify the teacher of their absence in the first contact session, their enrollment will be rejected. Another student in the queue may be enrolled in the study unit in the place of the absent student.
- Quality Recommendation for Child Welfare; STM 2020
- Convention on the Rights of the Child; UN
- Child Welfare Act
- Other material provided by the teacher during course.
Evaluation scale is 1-5 or fail.