Corporate Social Responsibility
- Application period: 09.06.2021 - 16.08.2021
- Date: 30.08.2021-31.12.2021
- Scope: 5 ECTS ECTS
- Location: Online
- Price: 75 €
This course covers the following sections:
1. Our Earth, (individual work)
- What is biodiversity? How is it influenced by my footprint? What choices do I have?
- All our actions have an effect on the environment but what are the main threats the world is facing?
- In the first part of our study unit you will explore the environmental challenges the world is facing.
2. Social Responsibility, (individual work)
- Organizations around the world are becoming increasingly aware of the need for socially responsible behavior. A socially responsible organization has a good reputation, is able to attract and retain workers and customers, and is able to maintain its employees' morale and commitment.
- ISO 26000 provides guidance for all types of organisations on concepts, terms, definitions, principles, and the core issues of social responsibility. GRI reporting system helps the companies to communicate the impact of business on critical sustainability issues.
3. Economic Responsibility, (individual work)
- Organisations have economic responsibilities to their stakeholders: investors, employees and customers. Profitability is important as well as transparency in giving information about how the organisation is run.
- GDP is a widely-used indicator of a nations' economic success. What are the shortcomings of this measure? Is it actually a good indicator of well-being?
- What is HDI? What are externalities? You will learn to define these in this third part of the study unit.
4. CSR Report, (team work)
- You will now summarize everything you have learned so far.
- In teams you will write a report where you describe the environmental, social and economic responsibilities including circular economy of an organisation of your choice.
5. Learning diary, (individual work)
- You are required to compile all your contributions to any discussions in the individual learning diary.
The aim of the course is that student is able to
- analyze environmental, social and economic responsibilities in service business
- develop sustainable practises in organisations
There are no contact lessons during this study unit. You will work online, both individually and in teams, and actively participate in online discussions and carry out assignments.
You are supposed to work with the diary during the whole study unit i.e. starting from the very first week.
You will be required to write reports individually and in teams. Please note that all reports are submitted automatically to Urkund for plagiarism detection.
You are required to compile all your contributions to any discussions in the individual learning diary.
Given by the lecturer during the course.
The course is evaluated in a scale 1 - 5 /fail.
The study unit will be evaluated based on your individual assignments, active discussion on each topic, team report and learning diary.