Effective Spoken Communication in English
Learn effective spoken English in this course!
- Application period: 09.06.2021-23.08.2021
- Date: 06.09.2021-26.11.2021
- Scope: 5 ECTS
- Location: Laurea Verkkokampus
- Price: 75 €
Contact lessons in class and in Zoom. Also Canvas learning platform is in use.
The student is able to
- deliver effective presentations and speeches in academic and general situations
- interact smoothly and take an active part in discussions and conversations
- understand the significance of nonverbal communication
- speak with improved pronunciation and a richer vocabulary
The course contains work on the following themes:
- orientation and self-assessment of communication skills
- persuasive communication strategies and techniques in presentations, discussions, pitches, interviews and debates
- language needed while mingling in an intercultural context
- teamwork and organisational communication
5 ECTS = 135 hours of work
- approx. 30 hours in class
- 105 hours of independent study
Lessons are compulsory.
Materials in Canvas learning platform.
The course is assessed on a pass/fail basis.
To pass, students will need to reach level B2 of CEFR. That is equal to 70% of maximum points.