Learn the fundamentals of international preparedness and crisis management in this open UAS course!
Before enrolling to this course, you should have adequate competence level of safety, security and risk management, which you can acquire for example by completing study unit Business Continuity (5 cr) or Basics of Corporate Safety, Security and Risk Management (10 cr).
- Application period:
- Scope: ECTS
This course is a virtual implementation. The course starts and Canvas learning platform opens in early May.
After approval it's the students responsibility to follow the course guidelines and finish all assignments. All assignments must be returned by the end of the course 15.8.2021. A more detailed implementation plan with learning events will be published also in Canvas.
The student is able to
- define international preparedness and crisis management operators and their roles
- define fundamental international preparedness and crisis management compliance requirements and best practices
- define global threats and analyze their impact to society
Virtual implementation, only individual work.
Before enrolling to this course, you should have adequate competence level of security management, which you can acquire for example by completing course: A9484 Basics of Corporate Security and Risk Management 10 credits.
5 ECTS = approximately 135 hours of work
- Tutoring is available on beforehand set days and upon request.
- Personal discussion times should be pre-agreed with teacher.
- Zoom or Teams -application will be used for tutoring and general information sharing.
- The lecturers will in advance create a Teams -group for this course and invite the students to join.
- Canvas is used for formal information, material sharing and storing, returning assignments, etc.
- If necessary, other means of communication will be agreed by the learning community commonly in the beginning of the course.
- Changes to preliminary program are possible, but the students will be notified if necessary.
The course will be evaluated on a scale of 1 to 5 / fail.