The Internet Economy
The goal of this course is to understand why business in the Internet Age is different to business before the Internet.
- Hakuaika: 5.8.–14.11.2019
- Ajoitus: 15.11.2019–30.1.2020
- Laajuus: 5 op
- Sijainti: Laurea Tikkurila
- Hinta: 75 €
Study concepts like non-rivalry, marginal cost zero, network effects, network externalities, interdependencies (game theory), the role of information in value creation and value creation in networks, and deepen your understanding of the emerging business models of Internet Age companies.
The student is able to:
- identify the role of information in a value creation process
- apply the skill of vicarious thinking in everyday negotiations and decision making
- understand the marginal cost zero characteristic of data based goods (non-rivalry goods) and be able to create related new business models embracing this characteristic
- able to measure the position in a network and understand the value of different positions in a net-work
- understand value creation in network environments
- analyze the competitive strengths of companies working in a digital environment providing digital services
Opettaja: Ville Saarikoski