Opiskele rikosseuraamusalalla tarvittavaa englantia ja kehitä suullista ja kirjallista kielitaitoasi.
- Hakuaika: 5.-25.8.2019
- Ajoitus: 30.9.-05.12.2019
- Laajuus: 5 op
- Sijainti: Laurea Tikkurila and Online
- Hinta: 75€
- kommunikoida oman alansa tilanteissa ammattimaisesti
- kirjoittaa ja puhua englantia käyttäen oikeaa tyyliä tilanteeseen sopivasti
- tunnistaa henkilökohtaiset kommunikaatio- ja kielitaidon kehittämistarpeensa ja kehittää kielitaitoaan erilaisia oppimistekniikoita käyttäen
- etsiä tietoa ammattialansa englanninkielisistä julkaisuista ja tietokannoista
Oppimateriaali ja suositeltava kirjallisuus
All learning material is provided in Optima. However, if you are interested in reading more on Constructive Communication you can read: Marshall B. Rosenberg : Rakentava ja myötäelävä vuorovaikutus or Nonviolent Communication - A Language of Life (same book in English)
20% face to face, 80% Online course
This course has a combination of contact lessons and virtual lessons in Zoom and is also partly implemented through a virtual game called International Correctional Services Officer of the Year.
The following competence areas are:
- Oral communication skills needed for the workplace: presentations; describing services; interviewing skills;
- Constructive communication (Nonviolent Communication)
- Reflective written skills
- Intercultural competences
- Field-specific vocabulary and understanding
As mentioned above this course is based on a virtual game called International Correctional Services Officer of the Year in the game platform Seppo. Assignments are in the game which will be played in teams. Supporting material is provided in lectures. You will require a mobile device: phone, pad or laptop to participate. However, as the game is in teams one device per team is sufficient.
Also the basics of Constructive Communication (Nonviolent Communication) will be taught as a professional and personal communication method to facilitate, empathetic encounters with clients, self-empathy and self-development.
Upon completion of the course, a student should be able to
- communicate orally and in written form in workplace and academic related dialogues
- have a basic understanding of constructive communication
- use field related vocabulary
- be aware of field-related intercultural influences and possibilities
Arviointimenetelmät ja arvioinnin perusteet
- As this is a communications course, compulsory attendance during the whole course is expected
- Evaluation includes both a written and oral demonstration of skills which are graded 0-5
- Both of the above skills demonstrations need to be accepted to pass the course
- The evaluation criteria for the course are available in Optima based on a combination of the Common European Framework for Languages and working life competences.
- Many workplaces require English skills of at least a B2.1 level according to the Common European Framework for languages, which is equivalent to a grade 3 according to the evaluation system in this course.
- Various assignments will also be given during the course which also need to be completed to pass the course.
- The final grade from the course will be given based on the aforementioned criteria as a grade between 0-5.
- The final grade which will be seen on the student's certificate is made up of 50% from the oral evaluation and 50% from the written evaluation.
For a 5 credit course you are expected to do 135 hours of work.
For this course, I have allocated 3 credits to the game (81hours) and 2 credits (54 Hours) for contact lessons and assignments.