Global Challenges and Possibilities within Social Services, Community Work and Client Counselling
Learn to perceive different local and global factors influencing Social Services, ethical working methods and to identify the best practices and multi-professional solutions within Social Services.
- Application period: 30.03.2021-05.05.2021
- Date: 13.05.2021-10.06.2021
- Scope: 5 ECTS
- Location: Laurea Tikkurila
- Price: 75 €
This course will take place online, as an interactive online course, using Zoom and Canvas learning platform. We will have a kick off-session and other meetings in Zoom.
Kick off-meeting 19.5.2021 at 8.30 - 11.45.
Intensive week 27.-31.5.2021 with World Village Festival.
- In the case the Covid-19 pandemic enables, this week includes the attending at WV Festival as well as Final Seminar and seeing and commenting other students' learning outcomes.
- Active participation during the intensive week (in commenting and discussion) is expected from everyone.
- Further instructions will be given when the course starts.
- In the case the Covid-19 pandemic continues with social distancing the study plan will be updated.
The student is able to
- broadly perceive different local and global factors that influence Social Services now and in the future
- identify different local and global programs and future plans within Social Services
- recognize different ethical, creative and sustainable working methods in Social Services, community work and client counselling
- identify and acknowledge the best practices and multi-professional, creative and sustainable solutions within Social Services, community work and client counselling
Global Challenges and Possibilities within Social Services, Community Work and Client Counselling will take place online, as an interactive online course, using Zoom and Canvas learning platform.
Kindly notice that this course will be rather intensive, as it only lasts less than a month (19.5.-10.6.2021). There will be individual and pair/group assignments as well.
The course is suitable also for exchange students as well as YAMK/Master students. The content for YAMK/Master students will be modified according to their field of studies.
All relevant materials will be provided during the course.
Course evaluation follows Laurea's guidelines, with grading 1-5 / fail.