Futudemy: Innovate Future-ready Smart Business and Service Ideas
Do you want to practice digital service design skills with real cases using data and smart technologies? Come along to the course and learn more!
This is an online course that includes online teaching and group work in Futudemy learning platform.
- Target audience: People who are interested in service design, digital services, computer science, business studies, security management, project management or entrepreneurship
- Application period: 1.8.-31.10.2023
- Date: 7.11.-28.11.2023
- Scope: 2 ECTS
- Location: Online
- Price: 0 €
In this Futudemy course we will practice digital service design skills with real cases using data and smart technologies. Even the most traditional and human-centric industries are becoming more data- and digitally-driven. You need to be able to work together with people with different skills to solve new problems.
Service designers can create better services if they know how to include data, AI-based solutions, and automation in customer journeys. IT students or professionals gain more experience in how to solve business problems with data and technology. Business people learn to recognize and utilize the possibilities of data, APIs, and other smart technologies in business development.
This course is based on Futudemy, a unique idea development concept created by Osaango Oy. Even if you have no prior experience, you will learn how to make your idea “smarter” by using data and a technology called APIs (application programming interfaces), which is essential to using data and smart technologies.
Everyone needs to work on their idea actively, but you will innovate together with other students, partners, and mentors, such as Cisco and Osaango. You will need a few hours outside the joint session to develop the ideas further.
Skills you will gain
After attending Futudemy, you will:
- Be able to use new methods to generate creative ideas
- Know how to use APIs, data, and smart technology as part of your service design
- Know how to work with a multi-disciplined team of business, industry, data, and IT experts to develop new ideas and solutions
- Be able to create a prototype of a future-ready idea that solves a business problem using data and smart technologies
- Have an idea you can develop further or put in your portfolio
- This is a remote course with live sessions on the Futudemy platform.
- You will receive further information and materials before and during the first session.
- You will collaborate with other students during the sessions, but the final work will be assessed individually.
- Sessions Due to the learning experience, attending all of the online sessions is mandatory.
Due to the learning experience, attending all of the online sessions is mandatory. The course features 4 x 2h Futudemy sessions, where you’ll generate new service ideas.
- 7.11.2023 16:00-18:00 EET: Introduction to tools and methods generating future ideas
- 14.11.2023 16:00-18:00 EET: Fuelling your idea with data, APIs and technology
- 21.11.2023 16:00-18:00 EET: How to lift your idea off the ground
- 28.11.2023 16:00-18:00 EET: What makes your idea future-proof
This is a two credit course that means 54 hours of student work.
Students must be present in the first contact session or notify their teacher in charge if they cannot attend.
If you have questions realted course content, you can contact teacher Annukka Jussila (see contact information below).
All learning materials are in Futudemy learning platform.
The course will be evaluated with a pass/fail grade.