Fundamentals of Software Testing
Enroll to this online course where you will learn the fundamentals of testing and software development life-cycle's!
Fully online studies: Not dependent on place (online distance studies)
- Target audience: Anyone interested about the topic
- Application period: 1.6.-18.9.2023
- Date: 2.10.-31.12.2023
- Scope: 5 ECTS
- Location: Fully online studies: Not dependent on place (online distance studies)
- Price: 75 €
The course consist of the following modules:
- Module 1: Fundamentals of Testing
- Module 2: Testing Throughout the Software Development Lifecycle
- Module 3: Static Testing
- Module 4: Test Techniques
- Module 5: Test Management
- Module 6: Tool Support for Testing
Content of the course will be based on ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board) released
Certified Tester Foundation Level in Software Testing 2018 Syllabus:
Certified Tester Foundation Level (istqb.org)
Skills you will gain
You will be able to:
- understand basics of software testing and quality assurance
- use common software testing terminology
- create the test process, understand the major testing activities and work products
- describe the different test levels and test types
- apply a review technique to a work product to find defects
- apply test techniques to derive test cases
- handle test management and defect documentation
- learn purpose of various test tools
- The teacher will send welcome emails to accepted students before the study unit begins
- Always check the Canvas learning platform for any changes in the schedule.
- NOTE: Students must complete the Orientation module assignment on time
Fully online studies: Not dependent on place (online distance studies). The teacher will send welcome emails to accepted students before the study unit begins.
Counseling timetable via Zoom with the teacher (volunteer):
Features of the course: This study unit is fully online learning with the possibilities of volunteer tutoring and counseling via Zoom with the teacher.
Kindly notice the following carefully before registering:
- This is a professional training study unit and it requires regular weekly learning effort.
- The student is expected to be able to schedule his work according to the schedule of the implementation.
- 5 credits | Total 137.5 hours of student learning time | 8-10 hours per week
Note: Student materials and volunteer tutoring sessions will be in English
Information about the materials and their guide is announced on the Canvas learning platform
In this course, we are using the following materials:
- Video-based tutorials
- Laurea Library materials