Ethical Leadership and Management Symposium
Learn about ethical leadership, ethical aspects in research and development and management in cross-cultural partnerships and work societies.
In order to sign up for this master's level course, you must have a previous Bachelor's degree or a Master's degree.
- Application period: 30.03.2021-18.04.2021
- Date: 01.05.2021-31.08.2021
- Scope: 5 ECTS
- Location: Laurea Tikkurila
- Price: 75 €
Deadline of the Pre-assignment is May 31st 2021.
- Returning of the objectives and research table are compulsory requirements for participation in the ELM Symposium. The late return of the assignment is a sign of a low commitment and will decrease the grade.
June 11th 2021 at 9-17
- Program of the Ethical Leadership symposium 11 June 2021 will be published by March 31 2021.
- In the case the Covid-19 pandemic enables the attending to Ethical Leadership and Management –Symposium at Laurea Tikkurila campus.
- In the case the Covid-19 pandemic continues with social distancing an Online Conference will be established related to actual national corona regulations.
Deadline for the learning diaries August 31st 2021 at 23.59.
The student is able
- to reflect and develop her/his identity and performance as an ethical leader
- to manage cross-cultural partnerships and working societies
- to lead ethically sustainable transitions in multiprofessional contexts
- to enhance ethical aspects in research and development
- to promote and guide ethical dialogue in working society
1) Individual pre-symposium assignment: Study objectives and a research table in Learning Diary.
2) Participation in Ethical Leadership and Management Symposium lectures and workshops.
3) Individual assignment: A reflective learning diary including a case study and the research table.
Ethical Leadership and Management -Symposium (5 ECTS = 135 hrs):
- Pre-assignment 1 (2 ECTS= 54 hrs): Study objectives and pre-symposium research table of research articles selected for ELM-symposium introduced in the Learning diary.
- Assignment 2 (0.3 ECTS = 8 hrs): Participation in ELM-symposium 11th June 2021
- Assignment 3 (2.7 ECTS= 73 hrs): Learning diary (Max 3000 words) including individual objectives, reflection of objectives and active participation in ELM- symposium lectures and workshops; as well as the introduction of the case study. The pre-symposium research table is included as an appendix.
A list of recommended reading is published in addition information at Pakki.
The course will be evaluated on a scale of 1 to 5 / fail.
Overall assessment criteria for the learning diary:
- Logic, thoroughness, creativity and motivation of the arguments and ideas presented in the reflection
- Carefulness of using the pre-assignment articles
- Comprehensiveness of the theoretical foundation.
- Implementation of an ethical decision-making / reasoning model in the case study.
- Clarity of the report (the structure of the learning diary may be freely determined by the student)