Competence in Guiding Early Childhood Education Activities
This course is part of the qualification of an early childhood education teacher or Bachelor of Social Services specialising in early childhood education and care.
- Application period: 09.06.2021 - 23.08.2021
- Date: 06.09.2021-30.11.2021
- Scope: 10 ECTS
- Location: Laurea Tikkurila
- Price: 150 €
This course takes place in September-December 2021. Attendance is compulsory for all lessons. Compensation for absence is agreed separately in class.
This study unit is part of the qualification of an early childhood education teacher (varhaiskasvatuksen opettaja) or Bachelor of Social Services specialising in early childhood education and care (varhaiskasvatuksen sosionomi).
After you completing this course, you are able to:
- plan, guide and evaluate pedagogical activities and operational environments that meet the needs of children and groups of children
- apply functional and creative methods in education
- reflect upon an educator's actions and his/her own view of education
Modules of this course:
- Module 1: Creativity, play and participation in early childhood education 5 cr
- Module 2: Planning, implementation and evaluation of integrative pedagogical activities 5 cr
The lessons will take place on Tikkurila campus. The course includes assignments, working life cooperation, home study and knowledge sharing seminars.
We follow the current corona virus safety instructions and this may result in this study unit being implemented in part online.
One credit equals approximately 26.7 hours of work performed by the student.
Please note that students must be present in the first contact session or notify their teacher in charge if they cannot attend. If they fail to notify the teacher of their absence in the first contact session, their enrolment will be rejected.
During the course, project concerning planning, guiding and evaluation early childhood education activity is implemented in cooperation with working life. The project is carried out independently or in pairs.
Students independently acquire a project site located in an early childhood education environment. Projects are discussed in more detail at the beginning lesson.
Learning material and literature will be informed in the beginning of the course.
The course is evaluated in a scale 1 - 5 /fail.