Language and Culture Tandem
The aim of this Spanish course is to improve one's language skills, especially oral skills, make observations and get familiar with target (foreign) culture and society as well as expand general cultural competence.
Please note that the participants must have a good command of Spanish / English before starting this project (Finnish is not used in it). The Spanish speaking partner must be a native speaker. This course is not destined for beginners in Spanish, you must know basic grammar and structures before starting this project.
- Application period: 09.06.2021 - 19.07.2021
- Date: 01.08.2021-31.12.2021
- Scope: 5 ECTS
- Location: Laurea Leppävaara
- Price: 75 €
The course duration is max. 3 months. Time and place up to the participants except the meetings with the tutor which are held at Leppävaara campus / Teams / Zoom.
The project must be finished at the latest 10.12.2021
The student is able to:
- improve target language skills, especially oral skills
- make observations and get familiar with target (foreign) culture and society
- expand general cultural competence
- This course is an independent project completed by two students, a Finnish and (native) Spanish speaking participant.
- The aim of this project is to improve one's language skills, especially oral skills, make observations and get familiar with target (foreign) culture and society as well as expand general cultural competence.
- The participants of the course must have a good command of Spanish / English before starting this project. (Finnish is not used in it.) The Spanish speaking partner must be a native speaker.
- The project includes 8 meetings between the partners and 3 meetings with the tutor. The topics and places of the meetings are to be decided by the participants. The project plan must be approved by the tutor before starting the meetings.
- The project includes also written tasks: a diary about the meetings and a short composition/summary about learned matters, cultural differences and other observations.
- For more detailed information and enrolment please contact Virpi Castren email@example.com
8 meetings with the partner and 3 meeting with the tutor (in the beginning, in the middle and at the end of he project).
Those who have been accepted to this project will get more detailed information by e-mail.
Project material depends on the topic of the meetings.
The course will be evaluated on a scale of Pass/fail.
Criteria for approval:
- the topics of the meetings have been approved by the tutor (before starting the project)
- the meetings have been held as agreed
- the written documents meet the criteria (length, content, language)