Basics of Corporate Safety, Security and Risk Management
Are you interested in developing corporate safety and risk management? This course might be for you!
- Application period: 09.06.2021-26.08.2021
- Date: 01.08.2021-31.12.2021
- Scope: 10 ECTS
- Location: Laurea Leppävaara
- Price: 150 €
This course has contact sessions, workshops and online learning. Digital learning platform Canvas is in use.
The student is able to
- define corporate safety, security and risk management concepts, elements and those significance to organisations
- define fundamentals of the Finnish legal system
- define fundamental corporate safety and security and risk management compliance requirements and best practices and apply those
- develop corporate safety and security
- define risk management principles and apply risk assessment and management methods
The course consist of lectures, workshops, online learning and student project in teams.
10 ECTS = approximately 270 hours of work
- This means approximately 19 hours of work every week, contact sessions etc. included.
Active participation in contact sessions is highly recommended. Course also requires active independent studying of materials and subject matters given.
Presence or notification of absence of the first contact session is required for accepting place in course.
- ISO31000:2018 (available in LibGuides)
- Fay, J. 2011. Contemporary Security Management.
- In addition, contact session materials will be shared as well as other study materials related to legislation.
The course will be evaluated on a scale of 1 to 5 / fail. More information about evaluation criteria can be found in Canvas.