Information and Cyber Security
Learn to define and apply fundamental information and cyber security compliance requirements and best practices!
- Kohderyhmä: Anyone with previous studies in safety, security and risk management
- Hakuaika: 9.12.2020-20.12.2020
- Ajoitus: 09.01.2021 - 31.05.2021
- Laajuus: 5 ECTs
- Sijainti: Leppävaara campus
- Hinta: 75 €
Study unit includes 5 modules:
1. Orientation, Cybersecurity Framework used in studies
2. Protecting information
3. Protecting against Human Threats
4. Protecting IT-systems and networks
5. Hot topics & summary
Study unit includes contact and virtual studies & assignment, guest lectures and workshops and virtual learning. Canvas is used in communication. Tutoring is available in Canvas. All materials are in English.
Study unit goals
The student is able to:
- define information and cyber security principles
- define fundamental information and cyber security compliance requirements, best practices and apply those
- assess and manage information and cyber security risks
- create information and cyber security procedures and guidelines
Before enrolling to this study unit, you should have adequate competence level of safety, security and risk management, which you can acquire for example by completing study unit Business Continuity 5 credits or Basics of Corporate Safety, Security and Risk Management 10 credits.
Materials and literature
- Shoemaker D. and Conklin, A. Cybersecurity: The Essential Body of Knowledge (framework of the study unit)
- Newhouse W., Keith S., Scribner B., & Witte G. National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) Cybersecurity Workforce Framework.
- Other complementary materials in Canvas
Evaluation is based on points from assignments and exams (max 100 points).
Every module starts with contact or virtual lesson. Modules include virtual & other individual studies, self studies with videos & written material, online exams, applying assignments and reflections. All exams & assignments must be done before the deadline, late returns are not accepted. Final exam will end the study unit.
09.01.2021 09.00 - 11.30
04.02.2021 09.00 - 11.30 Zoom
05.03.2021 12.30 - 15.00
23.03.2021 09.15 - 11.45 Zoom
08.04.2021 09.00 - 11.30 Zoom
06.05.2021 16.00 - 18.30