Diversity and Special Nature of Early Childhood Education
In this course students will be able to gain expertise to assess a child's individual needs for growth, development and learning. Enroll now!
- Kohderyhmä: Persons interested childhood education and social services
- Hakuaika: 9.12.2020-22.2.2021
- Ajoitus: 8.3.-6.6.2021
- Laajuus: 10 ECTS
- Sijainti: Tikkurila campus
- Hinta: 150 €
The student is able to
- assess a child's individual needs for growth, development and learning
- work in a goal-oriented manner and as required by the child's needs for special support and development
- work for a child in cooperation and in a family-oriented way in multiprofessional networks
- apply his/her competence in early childhood education in work, respecting the strengths of different children, families, cultures and views of education
This study unit is implemented by contact lessons and assignments.
We follow the current corona virus safety instructions and this may result in this study unit being implemented in part or in full online.
Modules of this study unit:
- Module 1: The role of an educator in a diverse early childhood education environment (2 cr)
- Module 2: Diversity and multiculturalism in early childhood education (3 cr)
- Module 3: Assessing and supporting the child's development and learning (4 cr)
- Module 4: Cooperation with multiprofessional networks (1 cr)
Literature will be informed in the beginning of the study unit.
This study unit takes place between March and May 2021. Attendance is compulsory for all lessons unless agreed separately in class.
Lessons in Tikkurila campus:
- 22.03.2021 08.30 - 11.45
- 24.03.2021 08.30 - 11.45
- 29.03.2021 12.30 - 15.45
- 07.04.2021 08.30 - 11.45
- 14.04.2021 08.30 - 11.45
- 22.04.2021 08.30 - 11.45
- 27.04.2021 08.30 - 11.45
- 06.05.2021 08.30 - 11.45
- 10.05.2021 08.30 - 11.45
- 17.05.2021 08.30 - 11.45
- 20.05.2021 12.30 - 15.45
- 25.05.2021 08.30 - 11.45
- 28.05.2021 08.30 - 11.45