Introduction to Finnish Language and Culture 1
Learn more Finnish in this introduction 2 basic course! Course starts in January 2021.
Prerequisites: 5 credits or otherwise acquired basic skills in Finnish.
- Kohderyhmä: People who want to learn Finnish and have basic skills in Finnish
- Hakuaika: 9.12.-11.1.2021
- Ajoitus: 26.1.-4.5.2021
- Laajuus: 5 ECTS
- Sijainti: Leppävaara
- Hinta: 75 €
Study unit's learning outcomes
The student is able to:
- speak and understand Finnish in basic and familiar everyday situations
- understand and write very short and simple texts
- use basic grammar structures
- become familiar with Finnish cultural manners and customs
- reach the target level A1.2 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
The course will have lessons every week during the whole semester. It's aiming at basic knowledge of Finnish grammar and vocabulary to guarantee that the students will be able to speak and understand Finnish in basic everyday situations.
Teacher's material (about 35 pages). The material will be available in Canvas when the course starts. Study material is also available for copying in the Laurea Leppävaara library. The students can print or copy the material.
Classes held at Leppävaara campus:
- 26.01.2021 09.00 - 11.30
- 02.02.2021 09.00 - 11.30
- 09.02.2021 09.00 - 11.30
- 16.02.2021 09.00 - 11.30
- 23.02.2021 09.00 - 11.30
- 02.03.2021 09.00 - 11.30
- 09.03.2021 09.00 - 11.30
- 16.03.2021 09.00 - 11.30
- 23.03.2021 09.00 - 11.30
- 30.03.2021 09.00 - 11.30
- 06.04.2021 09.00 - 11.30
- 13.04.2021 09.00 - 11.30
- 20.04.2021 09.00 - 11.30
- 27.04.2021 09.00 - 11.30
- 04.05.2021 09.00 - 11.30
The target level is A1.2. in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Final grade will consist of the following:
1. Written exam at the end of the course
2. Oral exam at the end of the course
3. Small vocabulary tests during the course
4. Active participation and attendence in the lessons
Required attendance: 80 % of lessons unless otherwise agreed. The students are allowed to be absent 2 times during the term.