Introduction to Finnish Language and Culture 1
Start learning Finnish from the beginning!
The study unit is for those whose language of education and mother tongue are other than Finnish and Swedish and who have not studied Finnish before.
- Kohderyhmä: The study unit is for those whose language of education and mother tongue are other than Finnish and Swedish and who have not studied Finnish before
- Hakuaika: 9.12.2020-18.2.2021
- Ajoitus: 1.3.- 31.7.2021
- Laajuus: 5 ECTS
- Sijainti: Online
- Hinta: 75 €
Study unit's learning outcomes
The student is able to:
- speak and understand Finnish in very basic and familiar everyday situations
- find information in very short texts and write simple messages
- use some of the basic grammar structures
- become familiar with Finnish cultural manners and customs
- reach the target level of A1.1 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
In this course you'll learn very basic things about the Finnish language. Some cultural topics are included too.
As a language course there are reading, writing, listening and speaking exercises. Naturally there are also basic grammar topics.
All the material will be available in Canvas and in the Internet. Some teacher's own material is included too.
This is a virtual course which takes place in Canvas. 1 to 3 assignments in a week.
Evaluation will be based on know-how in returned exercises following precisely the course timetable.
Grades 1-5 (0 if failed). The final course grade consists of:
- active participation on the web course
- doing of all the tasks on sufficient level
- doing of all the tasks in time