Introduction to Service Design Process and Methods Online
Learn the possibilities and limitations of service design!
In order to sign up for this master's level course, you must have a previous Bachelor's degree or a Master's degree.
- Kohderyhmä: In order to study in this course, you must have a Bachelor's degree
- Hakuaika: 9.12.2020-1.3.2021
- Ajoitus: 22.03.- 23.5.2021
- Laajuus: 5 credits
- Sijainti: Online
- Hinta: 75€
This online course provides you with the theoretical framework and key concepts behind service design and introduces you to the design process, methods, and tools. The aim is give you an understanding of the possibilities and limitations of service design and encourage you to reflect the use, usability, and outcomes of the various elements of service design.
You can study in your own pace when it suits you best. The contents of the course are available simultaneously. Learning is facilitated with the help of various tools and games such as memory cards, text filling tasks, quizzes which also enable evaluation of the learning outcomes.
Introduction to Service Design Process and Methods is an online course-taking place in the Canvas working space. It begins by presenting the theoretical framework and key concepts and continues by introducing a service design process model (Double Diamond) as well as related methods and tools. Students manage the learning process independently through individual tasks and reflective assignments with peers. The course does not include any project work.
Working online during 22.3.-23.5.2021
Course includes various tasks to be taken individually as well as reflection with peers. Some of the tasks may be tied to predefined schedule.
Tasks include tests which will be taken at the student's own pace and need to be passed, but it's recommended to follow the schedule:
- Module 1: 22.3.-11.4.2021
Business Logic, Service Value,
Service Development Process
tasks: 1 Quiz and Assignment 1
- Module 2: 12.4.-23.5.2021
Service design methods & tools
tasks: 4 Quizzes and Assignments 2 & 3
- Theoretical framework and key concepts: learning materials will be shared during the course.
- Service Design methods & tools: Stickdorn, M., Lawrence, A. and Hormess, M., Schneider, J. 2018.This is service design doing: applying service design thinking in the real world : a practitioner's handbook.Canada: O'Reilly.
- Assessment criteria of the individual tasks and their value regarding the final grade will be published as an integral part of the course material.
- Individual assignments, Quiz and reflective tasks with peers on Canvas, scale 1-5.