Introduction to Finnish Language and Culture 1
Start learning Finnish from the beginning!
- Kohderyhmä: The study unit is for those whose language of education and mother tongue are other than Finnish and Swedish and who have not studied Finnish before
- Hakuaika: 4.12. - 31.12.2019
- Ajoitus: 13.1. - 6.4.2020
- Laajuus: 5 cr
- Sijainti: Leppävaara
- Hinta: 75 €
Study unit's learning outcomes
The student is able to:
- speak and understand Finnish in very basic and familiar everyday situations
- find information in very short texts and write simple messages
- use some of the basic grammar structures
- become familiar with Finnish cultural manners and customs
- reach the target level of A1.1 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
Teacher's material (about 35 pages). The material will be available in Optima when the course starts. Study material is also available for copying in the Laurea Leppävaara library. The students will print out or copy the material themselves.
Grading 1 - 5, 1 being the lowest and 5 the highest grade.
Final grade will consist of the following:
- Written exam at the end of the course
- Oral exam at the end of the course
- Small vocabulary tests during the course
Active participation and attendence in the lessons
Required attendance: 80 % of lessons unless otherwise agreed.
Weekly sessions during the whole semester (once a week, 3 lessons).
Classes are held at Leppävaara campus, room 195:
Mon 13.01.2020 09:00–11:30
Mon 20.01.2020 09:00–11:30
Mon 27.01.2020 09:00–11:30
Mon 03.02.2020 09:00–11:30
Mon 10.02.2020 09:00–11:30
Mon 17.02.2020 09:00–11:30
Mon 24.02.2020 09:00–11:30
Mon 02.03.2020 09:00–11:30
Mon 09.03.2020 09:00–11:30
Mon 16.03.2020 09:00–11:30
Mon 23.03.2020 09:00–11:30
Mon 30.03.2020 09:00–11:30
Mon 06.04.2020 09:00–11:30
Changes to the schedule are possible.
There are 5 seats for open UAS students.