PERSEUS (Protection of European borders and Seas Through the Intelligent Use of Surveillance)
The project proposes a large scale demonstration of a EU Maritime surveillance System of Systems.
- Toteutusaika:1.1.2011 - 30.6.2015
- Rahoittaja:FP7 Cooperation
- Tutkimusalue:Yhtenäinen turvallisuus
- Projektityyppi:International RDI
Perseus contributes to Europe's efforts to monitor illegal migration and combat related crime and goods smuggling. The project proposes a large scale demonstration of a EU Maritime surveillance System of Systems on the basis of existing national systems and platforms.
Perseus enhances the existing national systems and platforms with innovative capabilities and moves beyond EUROSUR's 2013 expectations, addressing key challenges:
- supporting the network created by National Contact Centres, Frontex and EMSA through increased capabilities, including transnational exchange of useful and available information, and associated procedures and mechanisms, thereby supporting the creation of a common information sharing environment
- generation of a common situational picture
- improved detection and identification of non collaborative/suspicious small boats and low flying aircraft
- enhanced and increasingly automated detection of abnormal vessel behaviours, identification of threats and tracking of reporting and non-reporting vessels