Internet of Things
Internet of Things is a research programme for establishment of a competitive IoT ecosystem.
- Toteutusaika:1.1.2012 - 31.3.2016
- Projektityyppi:International RDI
The following breakthrough targets have been defined for IoT program:
- Establishment of a competitive IoT ecosystem
- New revenue models for participating companies in the emerging IoT market
- Local ecosystem formed for proof of concept, initial market, and critical mass for international business
- Solutions for establishing and sustaining global IoT ecosystems
- Generic horizontal solutions that can be used across verticals
- Creation of IoT business enablers
- IoT product concepts and prototypes and test them in real-life environments
- Supply critical components for IoT proliferation (such as gateway/border router to connect IoT with Internet)
- Improving Finland’s global IoT visibility
- Demonstrate Finnish cutting-edge IoT technology in pilots and prototypes.
- Impact recognition of Finnish research partners as top-level institutions in IoT domain, high-impact publications.
- Impacting IoT technology evolution and standardization
- Significantly influence IoT standards at IETF, 3GPP, IEEE, W3C, and other relevant forums
- IoT pilot implementations (prototypes, showcases, testbeds etc.)