Professional Summer School, Helsinki 2016
Open innovation is the stairway to excellence. You will now have an opportunity to create innovation together with students, companies, the public sector and the third sector. Join the Professional Summer School co-creation workshop 30.5.-10.6.2016!
Digital Wellbeing Co-creation and Start-up Summer School,
Espoo, Helsinki, Vantaa
Because you will
- develop your competences in open innovation, user-centered design, rapid-prototyping and business models
- work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural professional teams
- join and co-create digital solutions for health and well-being, based on real-life challenges, together with private and public sector actors and digital tool providers
- connect & network with professionals, companies, public players and students
- study in June and gain 5 ECTS
- compete at the upper edge and win a prize for the best team
- Finnish and international Bachelor's and Master's degree students
- Exchange students
- Fields: health care, social services, business, technology, media and design
- Health technology developers
- Sales, marketing, social and healthcare professionals
WHAT is expected of you?
Commitment to participate actively throughout the two-week Professional Summer School organized mainly in Espoo. If you are planning to earn 5 ECTS or to win the competition, be prepared for 10-hour days (8am-6pm) and having fun!
- Adequate English proficiency
- Willingness to work in multicultural and multidisciplinary environment.
Two weeks of intensive co-creation summer school with supporting lectures and clinics
- Haaga-Helia, Laurea and Metropolia degree and exchange students free of charge. Enrollment closes 24th of April.
- Others 650 € attendance fee. Enrollment closes 24th of April.
Are you interested only in the lectures held during the co-creation summer school? Participation to the lectures only:
- Pop Up participation to daily lectures 50€ per person per lecture.
- Pop Up participation to daily lectures by Company card (2-3 persons and as many lectures as wanted) 300 €.
Firms, public authorities and third sector organisations:
Interested to bring your development challenge idea to the student groups?
Please read more and contact
The Internet Economy, Business Models and Strategies, 5 ECTS (Laurea UAS)
Lecturer: Ville Saarikoski
Learning outcome: completed the study unit the student is able to
- understand the characteristics of information and why it is very much different to a physical world
- look at businesses from a network perspective
- identify business opportunities of the internet
- apply an understanding of the information society to build new markets
- work at the intersection of business and information technology
Innovation, from Idea to Market, People and Structures
Building Internet enabled Markets
Cross-cultural Issues in Service Development
Pricing in Service Business
Research Communication and Project Management Skills
Introduction to SQL Server
Introduction to ASP.NET Web Forms
MasteringSearch Engine Optimization (SEO)
Developing Modern Web Platforms (HTLM,CSS, JS)
Mastering version Control with Git
Digital Signal Processing
Corporate Social Responsibility
Managing Service Design and Operations
Strategic Views of Global Business
TERP 10 -Intergration of Business Processes in SAP ERP
Digital Economy & E-commerce
Android App Development
Travel Experience Design in the Digital Age
Electronic Distribution in Tourism
Enrollment by May 8th, 2016 and studies have to be completed by August 31, 2016
For further information, please contact Mira Myllärinen: email@example.com.
Do it real, do it properly. With new entrepreneurship and an entrepreneurial spirit!