Information and Cyber Security Management
Are you interested in information and cyber security management? Enroll in our Information and Cyber Security Management study unit now!
Before enrolling to this study unit, you should have adequate competence level of safety, security and risk management, which you can acquire for example by completing study unit Business Continuity 5 credits or Basics of Corporate Safety, Security and Risk Management 10 credits
- Target audience: Anyone interested in information and cyber security management with previous background in safety, security and risk management
- Application period: 09.12.2020 - 22.12.2020
- Date: 07.01.2021 - 31.07.2021
- Scope: 10 ECTs
- Location: Laurea Leppävaara
- Price: 150 €
Some studies implemented 2019 and before affect the extent and content of this study unit.
If you have completed one of the study units below, the extent is 5 cr.
If you have completed two or more of the study units below, do not enroll to this study unit at all.
- Fyysinen turvallisuus / Physical Security
- Työ- ja henkilöstöturvallisuus / Occupational Safety and Personnel Security
- Information Security Management
Members of project groups must have the same extent and content, because earlier completions affect the assignment.
- The study unit includes a development assignment in groups as well as contact- and online studies.
- Communication of study unit will be handled via a MS Teams group created for all participants Private messages to teachers should be handled via email.
- For those in risk groups or otherwise absent due to corona-related reasons attendance in contact sessions is made possible online as much as it is possible, taking into account the nature of the teaching. Do not participate in contact teaching when ill!
- Teaching has been divided into four themes. Every theme has a contact session and online studies. The exam that will be completed at the end of the study unit has questions from every theme. Themes and notes:
- Theme 1: Information Security Management. As student that has completed the study unit Information Security Management previously is exempted from contact sessions and exam questions on this theme.
- Theme 2: Personnel Security. A student that has completed the study unit Occupational Safety and Personnel Security previously is exempted from contact sessions and exam questions on this theme.
- Theme 3: Cybersecurity Management. A student that has completed the study unit Cybersecurity previously is exempted from contact sessions and exam questions on this theme.
- Theme 4: Physical Security. A student that has completed the study unit Physical Security previously is exempted from contact sessions and exam questions on this theme.
The student is able to:
- define information and cyber security compliance requirements, best practices and apply those
- assess and manage information and cyber security risks
- create administrative, operational, technical and physical procedures
- plan, assess and develop information and cyber security
- 15.01.2021 09.00 - 11.30
- 15.01.2021 12.30 - 15.00
- 12.03.2021 12.30 - 15.00
- 21.05.2021 09.00 - 11.30
According to the degree regulations, accepting your place in the study unit requires presence in the first session or an appropriate announcement of your absence. Attendance in all contact sessions is recommended.
Some of the contact sessions may be arranged outside of campus.
- Return of development assignment: 31st May
- Online exam must be completed: 21.5-24.5
- 1st exam retake: 4.6-7.6
- 2nd exam retake: 25.6-28.6
The grade of the study unit is determined as the weighted overall result of two assessed implementation parts.
The implementation parts to be assessed are:
- Development assignment in groups: 70% of grade
- Individually completed online exam: 30% of grade
Online exam is evaluated based on points.