CAITO - Meta cluster for attracting the Japanese tourism market
CAITO- project´s overall objectives are to promote and support rural tourism companies to enter Japanese tourism market by strengthening their capacity and cooperation in the three Baltic Sea countries: Latvia, Estonia, and Finland.
Specific Objectives of CAITO-project
1. Explore the Japanese tourism market and the requirements for rural tourism in the Baltic Sea countries.
2. Develop a guide for rural tourism service providers about Japanese tourists’ expectations and desires.
3. Organize training seminars for the rural tourism product providers about tourism product development opportunities aimed at Japanese tourism target market.
4. Promote rural tourism products for Japanese tourists:
a. participate in tourism fairs;
b. elaborate and disseminate promotion materials and brochures;
c.create a landing page and digital map with rural tourism products and services;
d.attract social media and bloggers thus introducing Japanese tourism operators and media to rural tourism opportunities in Latvia, Estonia and Finland;
e.develop a product brochures and a manual for travellers and agents
5. Organize decision makers’ forums to identify existing problems that hinder, hamper and restrict Japanese tourists’ wish to travel around Latvia, Estonia and Finland, as well as to find solutions to these problems.