Enhanced Programme Leadership for Diversity Management in Higher Education
'Enhance IDM!” enhances inclusion and diversity management among university decision-makers. Helps programme leaders and staff foster inclusive practices e.g. in curriculum development, curriculum delivery, learning environments, feedback and assessment.
- Implementation date9/1/2017 - 5/31/2020
- FunderErasmus+ KA2
- Research areaPedagogy
- Project typeInternational RDI
“Enhance IDM!” will develop tools and trainings for study programmes to improve diversity competence and help foster inclusive practices e.g. in curriculum development, curriculum delivery, learning environments, feedback and assessment.
The project’s target group are those actors who have direct influence on development and adjustment of study programmes within their higher education institution and dispose of formal as well as informal power to find strong support for the implementation of diversity-sensitive practices on an institutional level.
The raised diversity awareness of programme leaders, administrative and academic staff, higher education management and students is subsequently expected
• to support the vertical and horizontal permeability due to enhanced awareness and support for students’ needs,
• to enhance programme leadership,
• to reduce student drop-out (especially related to non-traditional students) to a customised and diversity-sensitive student support structure and
• to enhance the social competences of all students and enhance graduate employability (due to a broader understanding and appreciation of diversity in a complex world).