CircuS - Circular economy for sustainable growth
CircuS - Circular economy for sustainable growth -project is a joint project of 3UAS-coalition (Haaga-Helia UAS, Laurea UAS and Metropolia UAS. It aims to bridge between the identified circular economy business potential and the business models currently realised in companies and organisations.
- Implementation date11/1/2017 - 4/30/2019
- Funder1 Muu kotimainen rahoitus
- Research areaPedagogy
- Project typeKansallinen TKI
The deliverables include ready-to-use course implementation plans with materials and guidelines, increased understanding of circular economy and new circular economy solutions to participating companies.
The project started with the designing of 15 cr circular economy learning lane that was piloted Spring 2018. Fall 2018, the learning lane is offered as part of the joint course offering of 3UAS. The project involves companies, who will be able to participate i the development of circular business models together with students. The learning lane is offered in English that enables the participation of international degree- and exchange students. The learning lane will bring together students from different backgrounds to learn circular economy in practice with the companies.
The learning lane directed to 3UAS students consists of three 5 cr modules:
1. Towards a Sustainable Consumer Society, offering understanding about the basics of circular economy (Metropolia)
2. New Business Models in Circular Economy, dealing with different circular economy business models (Haaga-Helia)
3. Service Design for Circular Economy, opening the significance of service design for circular economy (Laurea)