Multicultural and Multidisciplinary Professional Competences
In this study module students will be able to gain expertise on different innovative solutions and best practices aimed to promote multicultural and multidisciplinary professional competences.
- Target audience: persons interested in multiculturality and multidisciplinary working
- Application period: 4. - 31.12.2019
- Date: 7.1. - 10.5.2020
- Scope: 5 cr
- Location: Tikkurila
- Price: 75 €
- students' experiences of cultural differences, living and learning abroad-higher education in different countries promoting multidisciplinary competences
- ethical issues and special questions in different cultures and fields of services
- study module applies Multisensory method
- International Weeks at Laurea Tikkurila
Students will be able to recognize the impact of globalization on health and wellbeing and to increase their awareness of ethical knowledge, values and professional competences. Students are also able to recognize and apply different multidisciplinary ways and methods such as Multisensory method in promoting professional competences.
Study unit's learning outcomes
The student is able to
- acknowledge his/her cultural and professional knowledge and skills in the multicultural and multidisciplinary issues
- gain more cultural know-how and competence in studying and working in international environments and society
- evaluate his/her own value bases from the multicultural and multidisciplinary point of view
- recognise the significance of his/her professional competences in relation to global interactions and sustainable development
Course materials are provided during the course.
Grading is between 0 - 5.
To achieve grade 5 student must be able to
- analyse the acquired information, draw conclusions and combine theoretical knowledge with experiential knowledge
To achieve grade 3 student must be able to
- critically evaluate information and justify their actions with science-based knowledge
To achieve grade 1 (or pass) student must be able to
- use professional concepts in a consistent manner and demonstrate his/her familiarity with the knowledge basis
- report and communicate in a professional manner
The contact classes are held at Tikkurila campus:
Fri 28 Feb 2020 08:30–11:45 (room B406)
Fri 06 Mar 2020 08:30–11:45 (room B406)
Fri 13 Mar 2020 08:30–11:45 (room B402)
Fri 20 Mar 2020 08:30–11:45 (room B402)
Fri 27 Mar 2020 12:30–15:45 (room B406)
Changes to the schedule are possible.
There are 15 seats for open UAS students.