Deepen your Finnish skills at Laurea!
- Target audience: Those who want to deepen their finnish skills
- Application period: 25.05.2020 - 31.07.2020
- Date: 03.09.2020 - 14.12.2020
- Scope: 5 ECTS
- Location: Leppävaara
- Price: 75 €
Study unit's learning outcomes
The student is able to
- interact in various social situations
- develop her/his Finnish skills independently
- understand Finnish lifestyle and Finns more deeply
- use most frequent grammar structures to convey her/his message in spite of possible mistakes
- reach the target level A1.3-A2.1 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
Small talk (colloquial Finnish), studying vocabulary, describing one's home country, grammar (negative past tense, past perfect, pluperfect, more expressions of time, adjective comparison), expressings one's opionion - agreeing and disagreeing - , dates and ordinal numbers etc
Grades 1-5. The final course grade consists of:
- the results of and oral exam
- the results of an written exam
- activive participation during the lessons and
At the Leppävaara campus.
The course will be held on weekly basis (once a week, 3 lessons). Exceptions in the course schedule in Pakki after the course has started.
Course ends in the middle of December.
Prerequisites: 10 cr in Finnish (or otherwise aquired basic skills). Starting level: A1.2.