Research and Development Methods
Don't know what methods are suitable for your development project? This study will help you choose a proper method and how to analyse the collected data.
The application deadline for the study may be longer than indicated if there are seats available.
- Target audience: For those interested in reasearch and development
- Application period: 5.-25.8.2019
- Date: 02.09.-15.12.2019
- Scope: 5 cr
- Location: Leppävaara
- Price: 75€
The student is able to
- choose the proper methods for development project and give reasons for these choices
- collect empirical data and analyse it
- interpret empirical results and make conclusions based on them
- recognizes the ethical point of view of the research and development work
- evaluate the reliability and validity of research
- apply the principles of research communication orally and in writing
- draw up and interpret research and development reports
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Regular group meetings with independent work in between. The study unit consists of several assignments of similar weight. Some of the assignments are individual, some can be done in pairs or small groups, but there is no mandatory group work.
- Language: English
- Lecturer: Laura Salmi