Come and deepen your Finnish skills in Laurea's open University of Applied Sciences!
- Target audience: Those who are interested to deepen their Finnish skills
- Application period: 5.-25.8.2019
- Date: 6.9.-13.12.2019
- Scope: 5 op
- Location: Laurea Leppävaara
- Price: 75€
The student is able to
- understand extended speech provided the topic is reasonably familiar
- interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity
- take an active part in discussion in familiar contents
- read articles and reports about contemporary problems
- present a clear, detailed description on a wide range of subjects related to a field of expertise
- write a clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects related to a field of expertise
20 or more credits in Finnish language or otherwise aquired advanced skills. Starting level: B1. Notice! The final level of the course will depend on the level of the students.
Contents of the course
Oral exercises, presentations, newspaper articles, grammar exercises, new vocabulary etc.
No final exam, but a few smaller exams and other evaluated assignments during the course.
According to Laurea mathematics, 5 credits requires a workload of 135 hours. About 40-45 of them will be used for weekly lessons in classroom.
Homework and home studies will take the rest of the hours. However, it may vary depending on students' personal activeness, skills and goals.
The lessons will take place at the Leppävaara campus once a week every week during the term. Exceptions to the schedule will be announced in the beginning of the course.
Grading from 1 to 5 based on: - 2-4 small exams during the course - 1-2 essays during the course - active participation during the lessons: required attendance is 70 % of the lessons. Students are allowed to be absent max. 2 times during the term.