Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Learn to use Search Engine Optimization to better improve websites' visibilty in search engines. Get to know the latest trends, tips and tricks to make your website more searchable and user friendly.
The goal of this course is for the student to be familiar with process of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and learn to affect the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine's results to increase the number of visitors coming from search engines.
- Target audience: Everyone interested in search engine optimization but not attending any university
- Application period: From 5 September to 23 September
- Date: From 1 October to 1 December
- Scope: 5 ECTS
- Location: Online
- Price: Free of charge
Learn to understand, analyze and improve web sites' SEO qualities and to create web pages that pop up in search engine rankings. The course starts with the introduction to the internet itself and from there moves to introduce search engine optimization as a concept before getting more into detail about what a web developer can do ensure a site is user friendly and can be easily found via search engines.
The course also deals with using SEO tools and best practices such as Alexa Rank, Google Trends, PageSpeed Insights and Google Analytics.
After passing this course, the student will be able to analyze the SEO status of a web application and provide solutions to empower such web application in SEO concepts.
This course is 100% virtual thanks to the comprehensive tutorial videos made for this course.
The student will pass this course after submitting required assignments and the project.
- History of Internet
- Internet Archive
- Internet before Google
- Introduction to Search Engines
- How do Search Engines work?
- Internet Marketing
- Search Engine Marketing
- What is Search Engine Optimization?
- Importance of SEO skill
- Why does my website need SEO?
- White hat and black hat techniques
- The Impact of Usability and User Experience on SEO- Things that matter
- Page titles
- Meta tags
- URL structure
- Site navigation
- Meaningful error pages
- robots.txt file
- Disallowing Search Engines
- Myths & Misconceptions
- Using social media
- Search Engine Tools
- Alexa Rank
- Google Trends
- PageSpeed Insights
- Introduction to Google Analytics (EXTRA)
- Working with Google Analytics (EXTRA)
- The student is familiar with search engines and how they work
- The student understands why we need SEO
- The student is familiar with the concept of Internet Marketing and Search Engine Marketing
- The student can explain the major matters that are important for improving SEO
- The student is familiar with the myths and misconceptions in SEO
- The student can apply matters that are important for improving SEO
- The student can analyze a SEO status of a website/web page
- The student can use Google Analytics and its features
- The student can use search engine tools to improve SEO on his/her website
- Assignments 35%
- Quiz 15%
- Project 35%
- Essay 15%