Entrepreneurship as a Part of Career
This online MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) is built on an online platform so that you can complete it according to your own schedule. The course includes assignments that you must do to complete the course.
- Application period: 09.06.2021 - 25.11.2021
- Date: 05.08.2021-25.12.2021
- Scope: 5 ECTS
- Location: Online course (MOOC)
- Price: 75 €
This course introduces you to the main forces of change in working life and especially its entrepreneurial nature. You will become familiar with the diversity of entrepreneurship and will gain a comprehensive understanding of different forms of entrepreneurship and their challenges. You will be challenged to consider and identify your own competence and to compare it with the competence needed in future working life. In addition to that you will learn about commercialization of your own competence, about the importance of pricing calculations and about how to handle your accounting.
The course consists of five modules:
Future working life (1 cr)
- Aim of the module: The student understands the main forces of change in working life and especially its entrepreneurial nature. The student perceives the diversity of entrepreneurship and gets a good understanding of different forms of entrepreneurship and their challenges.
Platform Economy (1 cr)
- Aim of the module: The student gets a comprehensive understanding of the different forms of platform economics and their possibilities from the perspective of earning additional income. After the course, students are able to choose the most suitable platforms for their own competence.
Identification of one's own competence (1 cr)
- Aim of the module: The module challenges students to reflect on and identify their own skills and to compare them with the skills needs needed in future working life. After this reflection, the student gets a clear picture of what competencies should be developed on a personal level in order to enable the desired career path.
Freelance Entrepreneur Accounting (1 cr)
- Aim of the module: The student understands the basics of accounting and cash management. Based on this competence, students understand the importance of personal hourly accounting as part of the pricing of their own competence or product. The purpose of the module is to provide practical instructions for calculating the price of a student's own company (service / product).
Commercialization of one's own competence (1 cr)
- Aim of the module: The student understands the basics of sales work, understands the importance of sales work in terms of being an entrepreneur and learns to perceive one's own abilities in a possible sales or customer service situation.
You can study in this online course at your own pace. All course assignments can be found online and are done independently.
The student is able to
- list the most important forces of change in working life and describe its entrepreneurial nature
- choose the most suitable platforms for his or her own competence as an entrepreneur
- identify their own competence and is able to compare it with the competence needs needed in future working life
- compile personal lesson records and understand its importance as part of pricing and self-management
- describe the basics of sales work
An online course that a student can complete at their own speed. The course consists of five different modules, the tasks of which are mainly done on the Canvas learning platform.
The course will be evaluated on a scale of 1 to 5 / fail.
Each module is assessed individually and given a grade. If the student completes each module, the final grade is the average of the module grades. If the grade of a module falls below the minimum value, the student will not receive a performance mark for that module at all.