Capital budgeting is the process of deciding whether or not to undertake an investment project. Should we start a new production line? Should we buy new machinery?
- Target audience: Anyone interested in budgeting
- Application period: 30.11.2022-27.2.2023
- Date: 13.3.-31.5.2023
- Scope: 5 ECTS
- Location: Laurea Leppävaara campus
- Price: 75 €
Skills you will gain
You will learn to:
- set up a discounted cash flow analysis
- use investment criteria to determine whether or not a project is acceptable
- use scenario analysis and sensitivity analysis in decision making
- write an investment proposal for management
- use computer software in capital budgeting
In order to confirm your participation you need to be present in the first lecture.
Lectures in Leppävaara campus:
Introduction to capital budgeting theory and practices (lectures and literature reviews), individual Excel assignments and team assignments using capital budgeting software (Invest for Excel).